Holidays bring many families together, and making them memorable is something every host hopes to do. Cozy winter days are full of eggnog, roaring fires, holiday cocktails, traditional family favorite dishes, and cheery decorations. Including these can create a gathering for the books. The details, of course, matter, but the dining table is the background for all the festive events. For holiday hosting made easy, check out our tips below.
Choosing the Best Linens for Your Holiday Table
- Choose holiday linens 8-12 inches longer than the table on all sides to create a polished look.
- Make sure the shape is correct for your table.
- Make sure it is the right color and fabric blend for your occasion.
Maintaining the Beauty of Your Holiday Linens
To maintain the quality of your linens, have them expertly washed by our team at Anthony’s. When in use, if stained, clean them quickly and store them folded in a dark, dry area. Learning how to avoid ironing can help cut down on time while keeping your linens beautiful.
Tips for choosing the proper table settings and decorations:
- Layer Linens: Experiment with different tablecloths and table runners.
- Multiple Coordinating Colors: Try using colors such as white and ivory for a classic look or holiday colors such as red, green, and gold for a dramatic and cheery effect.
- Centerpiece: Go for a more natural look and have evergreen plants and red berries from plants such as Holly. Or have figurines such as reindeer, Santas, and elves.
- Fabric: Linen is perfect for more formal events. Cotton is versatile and can be used for all occasions. Synthetic blends can help cut out ironing time if you are in a crunch.
- Napkins: Experiment with folding your napkins in a classic or intricate design. No matter what direction you go, clean and crisp are key.
Once the Table is Set
Effortless Holiday Clean-Up Tips
After your party dies down and you have dishes to wash, tables to clean up, and decorations to put away, let Anthony’s help. Take that post-party laundry off your to-do list as a gift to yourself. Before you head over to Anthony’s, try to care for any stains at home to prevent long-term damage to your linen laundry. Getting stains out of cloth as quickly as possible will help improve their chance of returning to their original state. For dealing with stains on holiday linens, check out this guide.
The Advantages of Using a Laundromat During the Holidays
During the holidays, time-saving services, like those at Anthony’s, are more critical than usual as gatherings decorate your calendar. Large-capacity machines provide a quick turnaround that can be three times as fast as residential units, creating time for holiday activities. Large items such as comforters, tablecloths, holiday linens, and towels can take a lot of loads to complete, taking away precious family time. Our drop-off and fold services can completely open up your schedule! Come into Anthony’s today to get your holiday laundry done fast!
Get Holiday Laundry Help Today
As you prepare for your holiday festivities, don’t forget the importance of freshly laundered napkins and tablecloths! Let the stress of the holidays dissipate as you take laundry off your list at Anthony’s. Come at your convenience for our self-serve machines, or try our drop-off wash and fold service! Make your holiday laundry needs pain-free at Anthony’s!